Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Who cares, I'm awesome

On a related note to my blessed post, where I mentioned a couple ways in which I'm getting over the single hurdle with the help of friends and family, I have another "single gal" funny for you.

One night last week, I was sitting at the computer working and saw a mouse - literally SAW IT - skitter across the floor from the living room to the kitchen. I texted the landlord who came through with 4 traps, two different kinds, and tips on setting them that night.

The next day, upon arriving home from work, I was greeted with the present of a mouse in a trap. After getting over the initial shock - not sure why I was shocked, exactly. After all, that was the intent when I set them - I walked over to gather the trap/mouse and dispose of it outside.

And then it jumped.

Holy blazes of hellfire.

What's funny to me now is: I jumped in a circle like a little girl, screaming and waving my hands....while it hopped the trap in a circle, screeching and trying to get loose.

And Madeleine? She was having a field day with the crazy.

So...I texted the landlord. He wasn't home to remedy the mouse situation (come to find out he's not a fan of mice either). Nor were any of my friends in a close distance. It was big girl pants time. I put the bag back over my hand, kicked the trap around so that I could pick it up from trap end, and went for it.

And then it squeaked.

And I dropped it.

And squeaked myself.

Round two was more successful and the mouse is now in mouse heaven somewhere. And me? I rewarded myself with a beer. No man needed here. I got this sh!t under control.



No comments:

Post a Comment