Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

{Happy} Friday funday with a splash of music

I watched the first :30 or so of this video and  set it up as a saved draft for next Wednesday's "music wednesday". As I finished watching the video, I realized I couldn't wait.


Thank you to Fast Co for bringing the initiative of this video to my attention. Just watching the promo clip made me smile from ear to ear and start tapping my foot along to the beat. The lyrics hold true, too, to what I'm trying to accomplish in my life and what I think I'm writing about searching for in this blog. I think a lot of people will be able to relate. I mean, look at the chorus:

"Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof 
Because I’m happy 
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth 
Because I’m happy 
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you 
Because I’m happyClap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do"
Sometimes we let others or the things around us get us down. Sometimes we let those things seal us and our happiness potential into a space too small....a room WITH a roof. We deserve to be happy, and we can be. We just have to act towards the things that make us that way and cast aside or ignore the things that don't.

I am really excited to see the full 24hr production and can only imagine the fun they had making it. The article mentions that this will be the first 24hr video produced and talks about the creative obstacles related to that. Pharrell actually has a really good quote about how creative obstacles are the best kind because they force us to push ourselves and think in new ways.
“The best work comes from people who are motivated by crisis--when something stops the original idea, they respond by coming up with something even better. Existence is all mathematics,” he says. “There’s an equation for success in every obstacle.”
I think this is true with every obstacle in our life, creative or otherwise. Thinking about, taking action, and overcoming something that was a hurdle in our life's path causes us to be an even better version of ourselves. And probably happier too!

Happy Friday guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment