Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Brave Part 2: The Inspiration


Everyone who knows me, knows I'm an uber-fan of Sara Bareilles. The voice, the style, the personality...it's all there. Her music is true to herself. And maybe that's what I like best, that self-truth. After all, that's a part of this journey called life, right?

Her most recent single (off of her new album! eekk!!!) is the above and titled "Brave". Her reasons for writing it are different than my reasons for finding it inspirational, but the underlying thought of courage and bravery resonate no matter the intended subject.



"Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is
Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave
With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave"

I think everyone could deal with a bit more bravery in their life. The courage to know they are worth fighting for, and so are the things that matter. But to also know when to lay down the sword because the fighting is getting you nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment