Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rainbows of the future

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray." - Lord Byron

On the way back to Indy, somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico, I drove through a storm. Not a horrible one, but one that gets your attention. And "drove through" isn't correct, so much as "followed". It seemed to pop up and move the same speed and direction as I was driving. Driving in rain, in a long U-Haul, is not the best of life's experiences. However because of this parallel path, I got to follow a rainbow for about 75 miles. It was the best 75 miles of the trip.




I snapped a picture or two and sent it to two friends, who promptly pointed out the awesome symbolism of a rainbow leading me to better things. That these rough moments too shall pass. And that, as they both said, there's "LOTS of love waiting" for me to arrive in Indy.


I've been so blessed with such a good group of friends to stand by me as I move into this new chapter of my life. I am so thankful for their friendship. They are proof positive of the rainbows that await my future. That life is meant to be loved, enjoyed, and spent happy. That I am meant to be loved and happy. They prove that.

"Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends." - Aberjhani

No comments:

Post a Comment